Forbidden Black Rice, Superfood, 11 Pounds, Gluten Free
Legend has it This ancient grain was reserved for the Emperors of China. Treasured for its delicious roasted nutty flavor, forbidden Rice is a natural source of antioxidants called anthocyanins, also found in blueberries. Grown organically on small family farms in heilongjiang region of China's Northwest provinces, our organic price premiums translate into more income, better health and brighter prospects for these families.
About this item
- Contains one 11-pound bag of Gourmet Heirloom Forbidden Rice sourced from sustainable small family farms in the Black Dragon River region of China's sub-arctic Northeast provinces
- This medium-size heirloom rice is treasured for its delicious roasted nutty taste, soft texture, nutritional content, and beautiful deep purple color
- Referred to as “longevity rice” for its legendary nutritious value, this organic 100% whole grain rice is a natural source of magnesium and protein
- Enjoy plain or as part of a pilaf, rice bowl, sprinkled in soups, salads, puddings, stuffing, or served with stir fries
- Kosher, gluten free, non-GMO, vegan, and cooks in just 30 minutes